Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

   Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)


T O P I C    R E V I E W
solo p Posted - Feb 28 2014 : 10:14:19 AM
please i need the list and the discription of all the components of a 150W energy saving bulb

(Edit...Move to Light/Laser)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
audioguru Posted - Mar 03 2014 : 11:53:57 PM
150W is a lot of power for a light bulb. A street light?
Maybe it is mercury-vapour or sodium-vapour? Halogen? Xenon?
Aaron Cake Posted - Mar 02 2014 : 10:28:24 AM
That's going to depend on the type of bulb.

If it's an incandescent, then it's nothing more than a filament suspended with wire between two conductors in a bulb filled with a gas mixture.

If it's a fluorescent, there will be a small circuit which just rectifies the mains to DC, then runs it through an oscillator and transformer to make about 400VAC. The transformer typically has a higher voltage winding which is used to start the bulb at a higher voltage. Here's a great page which describes the typical circuit:

If you are referring to LED, then typically the mains is rectified to DC and then sent through a PWM circuit to regulate the voltage for the LEDs.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000