Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Man kind's greatest accomplishement

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boron Posted - Aug 15 2008 : 11:08:34 AM
Hello all, I was just wondering what you guys thought mankind's greatest accomplishment is to date?

Is it the Appollo program landing man on the moon? The voyager probes? Written language? The scientific method? Modern medicine?

What do you guys think?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pearltorto Posted - Nov 03 2008 : 3:45:38 PM
a guy could find it offensive too lol
Aaron Cake Posted - Nov 02 2008 : 10:35:02 AM
Meh, any woman offended by that has too thin a skin. Next she'd be complaining about the term "human" and want it changed to gender neutral.
pearltorto Posted - Nov 01 2008 : 5:31:47 PM
on the grounds of sexism, a case would be held in the ECJ not the European Court of Human Rights
cyclopsitis Posted - Oct 30 2008 : 12:41:09 PM
Oh no! The title of this article is "man kind"... You better not let anyone see that or they will take us to the human rights council becaues this title is sexist! hahah. What is the world coming too?
Aaron Cake Posted - Oct 20 2008 : 09:50:53 AM
The problem is that it's almost impossible to make technological advances without effecting the environment. There will always be a period of disaster while technology catches up with ways to fix it.
Kahn Posted - Oct 15 2008 : 09:21:03 AM
What you have said is true, but our current technological advances have lead us toward the destruction of the environment, which will eventually destroy mankind, unless we become more environmentally friendly.

Well, at least in America. Obama, Mcain, Bush, poor leaders come in many forms.
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Aug 18 2008 : 12:25:40 PM
What do you say about the DNA computer based on the nano technology? I know its under progress but one day, it will replace most high speed computing systems. Or at least i hope so
Aaron Cake Posted - Aug 18 2008 : 09:49:18 AM
OK, maybe not Paris Hilton.

Probably the most important modern accomplishment is either the transistor, or the integrated circuit.

Perhaps one of the most important ancient accomplishments is the use of tools. Spears, the bow and arrow, etc.

It's really hard to say.
boron Posted - Aug 17 2008 : 7:18:19 PM
Aaron I believe those first two are more evolutions doing and not really an accomplishment. As for Paris Hilton...

You make a good point, I never looked at it that way. Discoveries do tend to have a cascading effect leading to more discoveries.
Aaron Cake Posted - Aug 16 2008 : 10:49:05 AM
Opposable thumbs. Standing upright. Paris Hilton.

It's hard to say. Every accomplishment heralds the grounds for further accomplishments. No computers without transistors, and no modern world without computers.
pebe Posted - Aug 16 2008 : 08:16:26 AM
Man's greatest accoumplishment? The invention of the wheel!
wasssup1990 Posted - Aug 16 2008 : 07:52:40 AM
Well I think putting robots on Mars was a great accomplihment. Havn't put enough thought in to say that it was the greatest accomplishment. They found water in Mars recently which was pretty cool, and the robot tasted it.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000