Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Domain

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cyclopsitis Posted - Jul 04 2008 : 6:53:40 PM
I was wondering about buying a domain on Godaddy. I need it to have an email that is independant from my ISP. Do you have to buy that from Godaddy (check the box for an extra $30) and then you get an inbox?... Where? Or do you just register the domain and then get an email for your site for that or from that.. how does it work?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meeces04 Posted - Dec 07 2008 : 6:02:43 PM
1&1 webhosting is a good deal; 5 bucks a month including 2 domains and 1500 e-mail adresses. Also, they have advertising packages. I have not tried any, but I am very impressed with their services. Check them out at 1and1.com
Aaron Cake Posted - Jul 19 2008 : 11:10:02 AM
What's you site about?

Advertising is a bit involved. Probably the easiest thing you can do is sign up for Google AdSense and begin displaying Google ads. However, in order to make any money at all (or even enough to pay the hosting) you need to have the traffic to support it. Google needs to approve the site as well. If you get 1000 visitors a day, you won't make any money. 10,000 and you might make $30 a month if your click through ratio is decent and the ads Google is serving are appropriate to the site. 50,000 visitors a day is when you start making real money and could (in theory if you don't have many expenses) live off the site. If your definition of "live" is have a roof over your head and not be starving.

The key is traffic. Nothing worse then an obviously low traffic site showing a bunch of ads. It's probably best to build up the site for a while, get an audience, and become established before you approach advertisers.
cyclopsitis Posted - Jul 18 2008 : 6:45:16 PM
Thanks for the information Aaron it helped me make my final desicion. Once the guy who is setting up the site is finally finished would you like a link placed on it for your site?

I was also wondering about how you do advertizments so that you can make the website pay for its self. I'd rather not have to worry about paying anything for it rather just have it pay for its self... Any Ideas?

Thanks again

K
Aaron Cake Posted - Jul 13 2008 : 11:45:42 AM
I believe that GoDaddy provides email hosting for a modest fee. It's been a while since I looked at their hosting packages but they have a very cheap entry level web/email hosting that is only a few dollars a month.

If you buy the domain from them it's probably in the options while you are signing up.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000