Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Honda Civic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alien Posted - Mar 17 2003 : 8:31:34 PM
I have a friend that had a Honda Civic... He said he turbocharged it and i was like.... What the hell can you turbocharge in a Honda Civic?!!?

Can you really turbocharge a Honda... And if you can what effects can you expect!?

-----------------------------
Andrew
13/m/Canada

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alien Posted - Mar 23 2003 : 12:52:21 PM
That's awesome.. Actually no i never saw one...

Andrew
13/m/Canada

Aaron Cake Posted - Mar 23 2003 : 10:59:58 AM
What I mean is that BTTF sort of brought the car back into the spotlight...After about 1983, it faded out as the world forgot about John DeLorean. Then, BTTF brought it back, and now that the DVDs are out, it's like the movie was released all over again. The result is an infusion of new DeLorean buyers who know nothing of the car, and buy it because it's "cool". They expect a 20+ year old car to be a reliable daily driver (which it can be, as long as it is maintained properly...this rarely happens) and then get pissed with it breaks down. They either fix it improperly, run it into the ground, or both. The result is one less DeLorean in the world. Out of roughly 6000 that survive from the original 8583 made, the loss of one is a big deal.

A good DeLorean in geat shape goes for around $20-25K US. That's roughly $37K Canadian. Quite a bit of money, but certainly not even near as expensive as other "exotics". For what you get, the price is almost a bargain. An average daily driver DeLoean goes for between $8K and $17K US. Not terribly expensive.

Why I don't have one, that's a LONG story. There were several DeLorean's that were ALMOST mine. The '82 pictured below was rotting in a driveway about a block from my house for 10 years. Numerous attempts to purchase the car failed (owner is an asshole/whacko) and finally about a year ago it just disappeared. I can only assume that he finally sold/scrapped it. Calls to all the wrecking yards around here didn't turn up the car.

Too bad, because I would have fixed it up nicely. I should mention that my plan is to buy a D with a toasted engine, and swap in the Mazda 20B twin-turbo three rotor on a Porsche 6 speed tranny. A 500HP rotary DeLorean would be sweet. Expected cost of the project is $50,000, which is reason why I have not yet started. Finding the right car is the first obsticle, and currently, already owning three cars (2 RX-7s, and a Honda Insight) I do not have the space or time.

BTW, I was at the 2000 DeLorean Auto Show in Cleveland. Time has prevented me from attending the 2002 show (it's every two years) but I will be there in 2004. A few choice pictures:

Yes, that's my RX-7 in the picture. About 6 months after I bought it, roughly 4 months before it was repainted.

Ever seen that many at once? Hell, most people have never seen 1.

Getting ready for the cruise.

Obligatory picture of one of three gold plated DeLoreans. Also shows a DeLorean time machine.

Alien Posted - Mar 22 2003 : 8:15:15 PM
I didn't mean the one with all the crap like in the movie... A normal deloread...

If their easy to find, are they expensive? If it's you're dream car why don't you get one?

Andrew
13/m/Canada

Aaron Cake Posted - Mar 22 2003 : 1:58:01 PM
DeLoreans are easy to find if you know where to look.

As for the car in the film, there are about 8 of them, all mangled to various degrees. I hate what BTTF has done to the DeLorean and it's image.

n/a Posted - Mar 21 2003 : 07:41:15 AM
Find What The car that is in the film??? lolll thats a joke....

Alien Posted - Mar 20 2003 : 4:11:14 PM
Ya I love deloreans too. The Back to the future one... But it is impossible to find.. Isnt it?

Andrew
13/m/Canada

Aaron Cake Posted - Mar 20 2003 : 10:28:26 AM
Of course, Accords and Preludes are not performance cars either, and never will be. Still horrible cars to build on, and tacking on an ugly combat body kit doesn't make it any better....In fact, it just generally gets you made fun of a lot by those of us who drive real cars.

As for the Trans-Am, I have never liked American cars. No innovation. Most of them are still based on 20 year old platforms, with 60 year old engine designs.

I don't really like Mazdas, I like RX-7s. My taste in cars is very specific. RX-7s, the Honda Insight, and my dream car, the DeLorean DMC-12.

Alien Posted - Mar 18 2003 : 6:06:57 PM
Ok, i agree that Honda wont be a performance car... I like Accords and Preludes, mainly beacuse their less expensive and you can put a little body kit and it's enough for me... Well for driving in Canadian roads anyway, and especially Quebec, the roads suck and they haave holes and bumps every ten meters, and their allso good enough for the speed limit here, lol...

What about Pontiac Trans-Am? The 2000 seeries looks really cool...

What other cars do you like? Other then Mazdas?

Andrew
13/m/Canada

Aaron Cake Posted - Mar 18 2003 : 3:01:42 PM
Yep, it can done. And people do it all the time actually. The question you have to ask yourself is if your friend REALLY did spend the $3000 to do this, or is just saying he did. Look for an intercooler at the nose of the car. Looks like a big silver radiator. If you can open the hood, you should clearly see the turbo hanging off the front of the engine, as well as all the related piping and accessories (BOV, wastegate, oil and water hoses).

The effects would be a dramatic increase in HP. Probably at least 100. HOWEVER, most of the turbo kits for the Hondas that are available either use a dreadfully small turbo (like a T-28) or way too big a turbo (like a T04 or T66). The result is a car that has great low end (for the small turbo) but falls apart after about 90MPH, or a car that has no low end (for a big turbo) but screams up high (well, as much as a Honda Civic can scream).

The only problem is that the Honda Civic is a VERY poor car to build on. Too high compression, front wheel drive, economy car, etc. It is not, nor will it ever be, a performance car.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000