Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Electronic projects...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - Mar 29 2004 : 09:54:07 AM
Do somebody have any ideas for an easy and usefull electronic project that dont take much time to build, and dont cost so much? Just asking I am walking around in a week now trying to think of something easy and usefull ;) and I cant think of anything... I want to make something with digital electronics because I had a very bad experience with radio and other analog circuits since they didn't worked...

Thanks, I'll apriciate any ideas

SIEMENS MOBILE RULES
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aaron Cake Posted - Aug 16 2004 : 09:08:32 AM
I almost always just use random salvaged relays. Never ending supply, especially in the middle of "UPS replacement" season.

But if this is going to get specific, please post it in the proper electronics forum. Thanks.

n/a Posted - Aug 15 2004 : 07:29:51 AM
Now I've decided to computerize my room with the USB test board which I described i one of the topics. I am starting with a dimmer I've got from a friend. It can increase and decrease 220V and it's controlled by 24V. So I have no problems with this part. But I am also planning to just turn lamps on and off, here I need relays which I can put 220v through and control them with under 12V, I have a couple of 5V relays and no datasheet on them, are they worth to try, or is it better to buy new proper tested ones?

www.denistcherniak.boom.ru
da-g-dog Posted - Aug 15 2004 : 02:46:11 AM
quote:

i wouldnt trust a homemade auto-darkening welding helmet

if it didnt darken you would be blinded by the flash

David S

Your eyes would close fast enough that the absolute worst scenario would be a mild case of flash burn. Not fun, but definately not blindness. Though, you would spend about a day with your eyes closed...

hike master kyle
moody Posted - Aug 14 2004 : 10:04:29 PM
i wouldnt trust a homemade auto-darkening welding helmet

if it didnt darken you would be blinded by the flash

David S
moody Posted - Aug 08 2004 : 06:22:11 AM
quote:

It's basically just a welding helmit that automatically darkens the visor when you strike the arc.

thats kool

build the 8 watt audio amp
its a great project

David S
Aaron Cake Posted - Apr 26 2004 : 09:16:11 AM
It's basically just a welding helmit that automatically darkens the visor when you strike the arc.

n/a Posted - Apr 23 2004 : 2:33:32 PM
The ideas are good...

I vould like to build that sprinkler system, but we don't have a garden :(

Auto power on light, I don't realy think that would be usefull at summer but I thought of building an IR remote control for controlling all the stuff at my room one BIG prob I don't know how to get that bloody reciever circuit to recive signals from longer than 10cm.

A battery charger, no... I dont think so, I already have one, my dad has two and one of them is pretty good with all those charge&discharge functions...

A drill speed control, I've read a lot about them bu I already have a handdrill with ajustable speed. What is an "Auto darkering welding helmet"?

An AM radio, Itried to build it a couple of times, none of them worked, not even the easies chrystal radio with 3 components...

I dont really like analog electronics, so I thought of somethink digital. I wanted to build that computerised room project, but then I must always have my computer switched on dont really know... I have experimented with the LPT thougth and found out, that I couldn't use my laptops port because there is something wrong with it it can print and everything, but when I start my program then all the output values are 255? Anyone know why? Somewhere I read that it wasn't all laptops, which port could be used, and then I should try to switch the port mode in BIOS from EPP to ESP or somethink like that do anyone know which is best?

Not so long time ago I found one of those Ericsson chatboards, which you could connect to those old Ericsson mobiles and write SMS' on them I wondered if I could use it for somethink, I opened it and found some kind of a standart Philips controller chip inside, but I couldent find he pinout of the cellphone :( they are probobly to old now. Then I pulled two of those old Ericssons apart and took all the usefull stuff like loudspeaks, mikes, and battery packs out of them, the packs are pretty good... Not so long ago I was to RoboCoup competitions (where a robot drives after a white line on the floor and shall come down some stairs, through a few gates and other fastest) at DTU (Danmarks Technical Universety) those robots are pretty good and I wanteto asked if somebody here have tried to build those themselves? Hope it wasn't to long....

SIEMENS MOBILE RULES
Aaron Cake Posted - Apr 23 2004 : 09:01:28 AM
It's a solar cell and an LCD screen...

cirvin Posted - Apr 22 2004 : 3:32:50 PM
quote:

Battery charger, drill speed control, auto-darkening welding helmet...

Auto darkening arc welding helmet? how woud you build one of those?!

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Aaron Cake Posted - Apr 22 2004 : 10:02:37 AM
Battery charger, drill speed control, auto-darkening welding helmet...

n/a Posted - Apr 22 2004 : 05:59:14 AM
why dont u try biulding auto power on light.....

or a AM radio......

BEatonNo1 Posted - Mar 29 2004 : 2:54:38 PM
I built the phone busy indicator found in Aaron's circuits. I had all of the parts lying around and its pretty usefull. another thing I saw was a circuit that monitors the moisture in the soil, if it drops to low it activates an output. Im thinking about hooking that up to one of those electric sprinkler system valves
I think I saw that here http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000