Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 What else do you do for fun?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chamkeeper Posted - Feb 21 2004 : 02:01:32 AM
When you're not creating items for personal entertainement or practical purpose, what do you enjoy doing?

I have lots of pets, an African Grey parrot, dog, cats, saltwater fish tanks, and chameleons ( check my site, www.chamkeeper.com for more on them). Currently I am getting to know the capabilites of microcontrollers. Plans for the better weather include a $100 dollar walmart trip to buy a chainsaw and a scooter, and put them together with all the required parts in a couple days. My own 'monster garage' so to speak. I am also planning a trip to the HUGE local junkyard ( www.wegotused.com) to find a big turbo to turn into a turbine.

Things I have done in the past, I was a military and civilian parachutist, private pilot, dirt track race car owner/driver, SCCA racer, motorcylist of every sort, I modified a front wheel drive Dodge into a 'sport import' in the late '80s, long before the current trends were ever mentioned, built a car powered by a 750cc motorcycle engine, converted VWs to run ethanol, helped built kit planes, in the service I worked on helicopters, and spent many many hours flying in Blackhawks as a crewmember.

Although I know I am older than everyone else, what else do you do for fun?

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BEatonNo1 Posted - Mar 04 2004 : 6:51:03 PM
IL-2 sturmovick is the second best flight simulator ever. IL-2 Forgotten Battles has to be the best

n/a Posted - Mar 04 2004 : 3:26:08 PM
I'm making model air planes, skating and playing IL2 Sturmovik... U know this game? The best fly simulator made ever??

SIEMENS MOBILE RULES
n/a Posted - Mar 02 2004 : 01:14:21 AM
I have only posted a few times here, but why not...
I reside apparently not very far from Chamkeeper (A couple miles from East Stroudsburg, Pa!!! That is actually what made me really want to reply here.)

Me:
I am a ever-changing hobbist; I am always finding something new to try. Electronics has been my interest for the past year though, that is definitely a record. I am now 21, living with my cousin (and his wife) and attending the local community college right now (NCC), until I transfer to ESU after I get my associate's (very soon now). I am studying to be a Business Admin major (to continue in Business with my cousin [whom means so much to me]), though I may spin that around to something more technical/mechanical/mathematical/scientific, who knows? Another hobby I am constanly fooling with is MODIFYING EVERYTHING just a little, for my own enjoyment. You know, painting the PC, carving images and things neatly into wood and stone, altering lots of small things; stuff most people wouldn't care about. I am working on a neat little light seeking robot right now; I'm now just waiting for the parts I don't have to come in, so until then I am molding his body/head/base. I scavenge through everything, as well. All my friends know to bring my their broken electronics, PCs, stereos, cell phones, etc.. cause I tear them to shreds. As you may have guessed, my room is a mess, filled with electronic books, parts galore, and other fun junk for techno-losers. ;) However, we are currently finishing the basement with a nice wood ceiling, carpetted floors, and everything for my new 'living quarters'. I can't wait for my new double-sized suite! I will no longer have a messy/crammed little room upstairs! *Sigh...
I am a HUGE Jeep fanatic, I drive a 2k Jeep Wrangler Sahara (All white including hardtop). In the back yard I am currently storing (until my parent's other NJ house's barn has MORE car space [it is being converted to a 6-car garage by next summer]) a 1946 CJ-2A (see below link) and a 1965 CJ-5A.
http://home.att.net/~jpl3k/about-me.html <-- Check this out for some pics, etc..
I listen to all types of music, though not much country (other than the women). I am also a video-gamer (somewhat), PS2 (thats in many pieces in my room, waiting for me to mod it!), Pc (Just got a nice 6-piece speaker-stereo system for the PC this past X-Mas! Again, I have not gotten that far yet...) I am a courier for my cousin's business, and we're starting up a new one this summer (though I'm not at liberty to say what it is), as well. ;) I also jet-ski (in certain areas) and kayak down the Delaware River with family and friends (we bought a few last year) obviously only in the summer.. Coming Soon!!!

Family life: (A lot is going on here!)
My parents are selling their first NJ house (where I grew up), and buying one near Naples, Fl. (Cant wait for that one!) My Dad and I are rebuilding our 1977 MGB; repainting, modifying for chrome bumpers, replacing clutch & tranny (now), and probably turbo-charging next year. Plus we just bought a 1960-something MGA 'show' car for those classic Sunday drives. My Father also recently bought an 04' Infinity G-35 Coupe 6-speed... That thing blows my brains.. soooo sweeet!! My sister will soon be getting married (she's 25 now).

Etc:
My friend just bought a 1990 Nissan 240SX that we will be tearing down, lowering, replacing engine, turbo-charging, etc. It will be a street racer/show car when finished (not ricey, though - he is VERY particular about that!) with the guts to back it up. Thats going to be a lot of fun, too. Once I get this 46' Jeep running I may decide on either buying a tuner-car or a lift kit and similar mods for the 2k Sahara. (By the way, nice RX-7, Aaron! It looks like fun!)

In total:
I am just getting through school right now. I met an amazing girl (I really should say woman!) who means soooo much to me, so time for other things is short. (Though I wouldn't have it any other way!) Some things are just more important, you know? I am enjoying life, trying not to let it all pass me by too quickly. *Sigh* Life is moving along, going strong, and I'm making some really tough decisions along the way, hoping for the best ending-results.
Wanna know more for some reason? jpl3k@att.net http://jipple.home.att.net/

The way the Jipple turns.
phoenix Posted - Feb 25 2004 : 1:08:44 PM
Things I do for fun, well, not much but I think there's enough fon for me in trying and finding out new things... sometimes I'm a photographer, sometimes carpenter, sometimes a sales boy,for once I managed a piggery, there's a lot of work in these things,but the fon(for me) comes from getting things right and meeting and learnig from people beter than I am in those areas... I also go swimming, but spend more time in computers and video games... Sometimes I find much fun I scareing people.
There are too many other (stupid) things I do just for fun, (If someone asks,"when was the last time you did something for the first time", what will be your answer?) For me, it is today... I went wimming in a "well".

T-boss
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 23 2004 : 10:51:39 AM
Basically, what's on my website is what I do for fun...Currently trying to finish the rebuild of my RX-7, then the next project is building a motorcycle...

tcd Posted - Feb 21 2004 : 04:20:00 AM
I work as pipe welder or when I,m not doing that I'm either dealing with my two kids or doing my best to always learn something new.I know this might sound weird but for fun I like to ponder tough questions and attempt to gain more knowledge than I had the day before. Electronics are fun. I like engine mechanics but I think the next ting I will jump into is computer programming.....(that ought to tie me up for a while ...HUh..? TDC

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000