Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Award Winning Science Ideas?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nerf Smurf Posted - Feb 04 2004 : 12:47:17 PM
Im pooped, im trying to look for a idea for a national Science Project. Something thats 20 years from now but linked to a present technology. Anything will do. I just need a idea. Last years winner had a idea of a device called a L.M.P (Land Mine Protector (Should be called Land Mine Destroyer )) And it seeks out land mines and drestroy them (i spotted a few flaws in this). The device is about 1-2 feet tall and is made out of Biosteel to protect it from the blast. The first flaw is that even if it is made out of biosteal, the explosion of the mine can knock the thing out the sky. The second flaw is that it has a main rotor but no tail rotor, and that will make it spin and will be hard to make it turn. I would make a better version of it, but i dont know if thats allowed.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cirvin Posted - Feb 09 2004 : 3:41:58 PM
One word: Biodesiel.

http://www.eline2000.com/eline/video/2003.htm

http://www.joshuatickell.com/writer/Tickell72.pdf

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Chamkeeper Posted - Feb 08 2004 : 02:51:41 AM
A realistic and interesting project involving alternate fuesl would be to actually make and enine run on something different. Ethanol only requires a 60% larger jet size in the carb (based on BTU per pound) but will gain from an incresed compressions ratio. I couple old lawnmowers, gasoline as a control, carb conversion as one trial, and high comp as a trail would show current tech and future tech. For high compression pistons and parts look on racing go-kart sites. If you do some careful searching you might fine some place that can test emmisions. This would be a huge plus for this project. Gas engines are pigs, ethanol burns pretty clean. Just a thought...

Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 05 2004 : 3:09:26 PM
EVs just use regular transmissions. Nothing special about them. The only difference is usually the gearing...

Regenerating power is easy. Do a search on "regen braking" on Google.

Nerf Smurf Posted - Feb 05 2004 : 2:14:51 PM
quote:
cheap easy and a lower chance of loss of life.

its a unmaned thing, and by what is written, its guided by GPS.

quote:
Their parents basically did the project. Normally it is the father, who just grabs a bunch of stuff from work (bonus if it is a good technical job like "rocket scientist"). These people are very easy to spot, because they don't know anything past what is on their display board.

At this fair they take you to some other building. And your coach can not be your parent. And you can only have 2-4 kids in team. And you put all your information on a website. Including Bibilagraphy, present Tech, Future Tech, Etc, Etc. Besides, Im going to give it a shoot, I WANT THAT PRIZE!

Hmmm, I think that i found a way how to make a Manual Transmission for a electric Car. Plus a way to save (or Regenerate) power.

Edited by - Nerf Smurf on Feb 05 2004 3:06:11 PM
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 05 2004 : 10:02:56 AM
The sad thing is that in most science fairs I have been involved with, the prizes tend to go to two types of people:

1. Their parents basically did the project. Normally it is the father, who just grabs a bunch of stuff from work (bonus if it is a good technical job like "rocket scientist"). These people are very easy to spot, because they don't know anything past what is on their display board.

2. They throw wicked amounts of money at the project. I've seen displays that probably cost $1500. Ridiculous for a high-school type display...

Anyway...What about something that involves alternative fuels? I know there are always biodiesel and ethonal displays, but what about a REAL EV display. Showing the true status and excitement surrounding electric vehicles? Lots of info available.

BEatonNo1 Posted - Feb 04 2004 : 6:47:33 PM
well as they say necessity is the mother of invention...
as for cleaning out mine feilds, the tank with the spinning chains in the front is the best way to go in my opinion. cheap easy and a lower chance of loss of life.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000