Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 HeHe, JunkYMW

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nerf Smurf Posted - Feb 04 2004 : 11:44:26 AM
I was looking at junkyard mega wars (about my first time in over a year) And they were building drag boats, one team (blue) built a propeller driven boat but the other team (red) boat was driven by a pulse jet engine. Well you know who won! The blue team boat had a extra small hull with a 500+ lbs. Engine. The red team had a small light boat with the pulse engine. The blue team boat was faster then the red team, because the red team had a jam in a value and could not go there maximum speed. But on the 2nd try they broke the Pulse jet driven boat world record. There pulse jet engine was glowing red hot .It was funny watching the blue team boat sink on the first try, then on the second try, they made it across the line, but there rudder broke off, and the boat was going in big circles while it was sinking.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Epsilon! Posted - Feb 13 2004 : 10:33:38 AM
i have to say that the best episode was the remote control cars..

Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 12 2004 : 09:01:48 AM
Yes, I do agree that it started going downhill as soon as the American version aired. At least the British hosts have a little class...

As for Hackit's bomb making...I'm sure you could bust almost anyone in the world for having "bomb making equipment" due to the variety of chemicals used around house...

He does strike me as a person who seems to have very little technical knowledge. Why he was chosen for the show, I have no idea...

Chamkeeper Posted - Feb 12 2004 : 01:44:01 AM
They show the older JYW here with Colonel Dick and the Dreadlocks Guy. The Dreadlocks guy got busted in New York City for having Bomb making stuff in his apartment. I have not heard the follow up to it but he is in deep do-do. I look at the show now thinking....would he?

cirvin Posted - Feb 11 2004 : 7:43:17 PM
Remeber the first episode of the second season? That one was awsome. Too bad the hydraulic lines blew out before the claw finished its dirty work.

http://daxter12.topcities.com
BEatonNo1 Posted - Feb 11 2004 : 5:55:44 PM
well the way that team uses time Im surprised they get anything done at all. I cannot believe it took an enire show to put big rims on a van and weld spikes to it

as for relationships with people who share the same intrists, i wouldnt know because i haven't met anyone yet

Personally, I think when they switched to the american hosts, the show started going down hill. besides there are only so many things you can do

Edited by - beatonno1 on Feb 11 2004 5:59:20 PM
cirvin Posted - Feb 11 2004 : 4:07:45 PM
Well, you know what they say, sex sells. Junkyard wars is going to stay on a downward spiral for a while. It is a shame because that was, and still continues to be (for now) one of my favorite shows.

For a jet boat, the hull shoud be like a canoe as to reduce the water resistnace. In my opinion, boats with hulls in the water are very inneficent machines. The hull sits soo low that it drags through the water. Hovercrafts are better and more efficent than boats and more suited to put a jet on.

Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 11 2004 : 09:19:09 AM
quote:

well Aarron looks like your hot welder chicks has the hots for the hippy guy

Meh, that's OK. Considering that, unless there was some huge cosmic event that somehow puts both of us in the same part of the world, I won't ever have the opportunity. Besides, I learned (the hard way) a while ago that romance is to NEVER, EVER be mixed with something you enjoy. Becoming involved with someone as interested in you as one of your passions is a generally bad idea, because when it falls apart....Anyway, I digress...

Is it just me, or is Junkyard Wars sort of going downhill? Last night they crossed a line that I did not expect them to cross. Blatent sexuality, vulgarity, etc. I remember the time that teams would be warned for stuff like that. But I guess we're moving off the original British show into an Americanized version. [:(

If it continues in the style of last night, I just may stop watching. If I want to see things like that, I would watch Monster Garage (which I do).

cirvin Posted - Feb 11 2004 : 07:27:55 AM
Well, if you go for as long as that show has, your bound to run out of ideas.

A canoe or another long slender boat with a pulsejet migh me fun...

BEatonNo1 Posted - Feb 11 2004 : 12:10:38 AM
well Aarron looks like your hot welder chicks has the hots for the hippy guy

they probibly could of used that truck as it was on that "obstical course"...is it me or are they gitting more and more rediculous

BEatonNo1 Posted - Feb 09 2004 : 7:38:05 PM
we have a chaporel, and at around 30mph we get 75% of the hull out of the water.

Kale Posted - Feb 09 2004 : 6:01:14 PM
I think I read somewhere that you can get planeing at approximately 50mph assuming conventional hull shapes (standard speedboat hull, etc). Don't quote me on that though.

Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 09 2004 : 4:51:47 PM
quote:

Aaron,
A boat planes based on speed and hull design. This was a critical factor in the advent of float planes. They get 'On the step' at a certain speed, friction is reduced and the aircraft can accellerate to takeoff speeds.

Ah, so that's how it works. I had always thought it was also a function of the prop...A boat that received thrust up high couldn't plane...But if it's just based on speed, then the pulse jet had a chance if it could develop enough thrust...

cirvin: They probably couldn't find suitable pipe in the junkyard.

cirvin Posted - Feb 09 2004 : 3:39:30 PM
I just saw that episode last night. one thing kinda confuses me, Why do they curve all the metal from scratch? Can't you use threaded pipe fittings to make a pulsejet?

Chamkeeper Posted - Feb 08 2004 : 02:56:48 AM
Aaron,

A boat planes based on speed and hull design. This was a critical factor in the advent of float planes. They get 'On the step' at a certain speed, friction is reduced and the aircraft can accellerate to takeoff speeds.

Nerf Smurf Posted - Feb 05 2004 : 2:07:11 PM
Lol, come to think of it, the Jet Boat Hull looked like a wide Bath Tub

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000