Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Are you people stupid or something?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 05 2003 : 4:27:51 PM
30 seconds ago I recieved a message from the forum administrative email address. It was from a student asking for circuits so he can finish his course.

Now, the problem is that this address is to be used for forum administrative stuff only. There is even an announcement at the top of the page asking people not to send other stuff to forum@aaroncake.net . In addition to that, on top of EVERY SINGLE ELECTRONICS PAGE there is a statement saying that I am no longer supporting the electronics stuff. There are also TWO DIFFERENT statements on the Contact page asking people not to send electronics requests because I am no longer answering them, and will simply delete all electronics related email. To make matters even more obvious (in case some of the slower readers of this website have missed it) there is yet ANOTHER page emailed to you when you request my email address, which states yet AGAIN that I don't answer electronics questions. How much more in your face can it get?

The point is that this individual (who will not be named....*cough* David Pearce *cough*) obviously went through all that, and then found the forum admin address and decided to send his question anyway. What, did he think that it would just "slip through" and I'd answer it? Did he believe himself to be special, so that again I would be somehow compelled to answer it? What the hell is going through these people's heads?

It is because of people like this that I just plain stopped supporting the electronics stuff. Not only is he asking me to do his homework, but he can't even follow a simple instruction (which you know he read, or else he wouldn't have resorted to the forum address) not to ask about these things.

And to top it all off, he had the audicity to ask me to snail mail (at my cost) him the info!

Get it through your heads you morons, the only time I will EVER AGAIN answer an electronics question is if it is posted on this forum, and even then only when I feel like it!

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - Mar 15 2003 : 11:33:34 PM
Viola isnt a naughty word.
A viola is a stringed instrument.
Maybe you meant "vulva"

Hassan Kude Posted - Mar 05 2003 : 11:21:44 AM
impact can you tell me more on telnet.i need to do some ghosting too

Zig Zag
n/a Posted - Feb 18 2003 : 12:57:52 PM
well i use telnet for my ghosting (i dont do it often, in fact ive done it twice, once when i learned how, and once yesterday to make sure i still could, which i can), and it seems to work just fine. but for all the people that get refered to this topic. you are dumb.

~ ~ ~ ~ [] []v[] []D //-\\ (( =[]= ~ ~ ~ ~
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 15 2003 : 12:01:44 PM
Depends on the university. While there are probably a lot of open SMTP relays around, most are being quickly closed for the reasons I already mentioned. Any university that has open SMTP will be quickly blacklisted. Obviously, they wish to avoid this. Also remember that the Internet is far from anonymous, and even a spoofed IP address can be relativly easily traced.

For outside access, we are talking about two different things. TelNet access is much different then an open SMTP relay, and receiving mail has nothing to do with sending. Most TelNet sessions also require a valid user/pass combination, and guest access rarely has sendmail access.

While I'm sure that there are a lot of insecure setups, it's not worth the time and trouble to deal with a few idiots. I just cut and paste a stock reply directing them to this topic.

n/a Posted - Feb 14 2003 : 11:59:30 AM
LOL @ Aaron

But in response, that is why i said universitys cause they dont block incoming relays due to the fact that if students need thier school email outside of school they use telnet to recieve it

Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 14 2003 : 09:52:28 AM
It's not that simple nowadays. Spam is a serious problem, and most mailservers do not allow outside relay. Those who are are quickly blocked (in fact, I block a vast majority of them, as well as the entire country of Korea and Russia, where most spam seems to come from).

n/a Posted - Feb 13 2003 : 10:12:24 PM
Impact: "viola" is a very bad word... you should use "VOILA"

n/a Posted - Feb 13 2003 : 12:58:00 PM
More easyer than that. Just go in pub place and register him at every crap.

n/a Posted - Feb 13 2003 : 11:59:45 AM
Arron: I know a few more tricks than that. I could easily just log into a university's email server throught telnet, masking my ip of course. then send out ghost mails from who/what ever i want. Its actually quite easy. Then i could write a program to automate that and "viola" traceless spam

Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 10 2003 : 5:04:22 PM
LOL. I just don't think you should be spamming. Besides, if you do, your ISP will cut your account.

n/a Posted - Feb 10 2003 : 12:09:26 PM
I dont think aaron loves me anymore

Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 08 2003 : 12:01:44 PM
impact: I do not condone spamming of any kind. Electronics questions are simply deleted, it's just that easy. I believe that it is made clear on my site roughly 5 times what will happen if someone sends an electronics question, so I have no sympathy for those who cannot even follow simple instructions.

ben_seg: It sounds like you have some interesting stories to tell...Care to share?

n/a Posted - Feb 07 2003 : 4:35:53 PM
I want to start my own page in the past. But not I remmber why I didn't. The worst thing about that is that kind of people have a job or will have a job and they will make that kind of shit in there job. I wish that I will never had to work with them. And I wish that they never had to work with dangerous thing like nuclear or something. Beacause of people like this that I'm efraid to take the air plain.

n/a Posted - Feb 07 2003 : 12:09:15 PM
in fact also post this as a footnote

Note: In case you are a moron and you still feel the need to send email to me about electronics, please send the email <a href="mailto:stsst24@adelphia.net?subject=I Have An Electronics Question Which I Am To Lazy To Post">here</a> and we will start spamming you as soon as possible.

n/a Posted - Feb 07 2003 : 12:02:06 PM
Iv'e Even Gone Ahead And Made The Code For You Since I'm Such A Nice Guy

<a href=mailto:forum@aaroncake.net>click this to email me only if this is a question about something not dealing with electronics, otherwise be subject to massive amounts of spam</a>

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000