Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 PC vs TV Console Games

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nerf Smurf Posted - Jan 27 2004 : 11:49:21 PM
People sometimes think that Video Consoles are much better than PC. Almost everyone at my school has some kind of Video Game Console and says that they are much better that a PC. and a 80% chance is that they dont own a computer and think that the graphix is "Box Like" or Big Pixil looking or sometimes have there computer games on a extra low Resulution. Anyway here is what i think.

PC: Can be upgraded and with the latest hardware and software, can make games look like the graphix of an Xbox. Also, with some games that have Expansions, on pc all you have to do is buy the expansion, while if you have a Video Game Console you would have to buy the Expansion-Game-Combo, and that could be alot of money. Also a PC is good with other things, like work, etc. Heck, you the computer could be upgraded to WebTV. And with a good connection, you can play free games and play with others.

Computer Downside: THE REQUIRMENTS TAB ON GAME BOXES, RAM, and the fact that i have 3 games that dont work on my Pentium 2.

Video Game Console: Everythings there but you cant upgrade to be update. (I think you can with the XBOX) Just pop in a CD without installing anything.

Video Game Console Downside: When the PS1 came out, almost everyone got one, Then comes along the PS2, and almost every one threw there PS1s away, or sold it. Now here comes a PSX, what will the world do? The computer can easily be upgraded just by replacing the RAM or Processer or maybe a few other things. The Playstion 2,(by what i heard) Runs on some kind of speacal 56k modem.

Anything else? I might be wrong about somethings, knowing that i only own a PC

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BEatonNo1 Posted - Feb 16 2004 : 3:20:09 PM
Isnt that where each computer node is pluged into a switch and each one preforms part of the task? I know alot of scientific research labs use clusters to preform complex mathmatical simulations

cirvin Posted - Feb 16 2004 : 11:38:09 AM
Beowolf Cluster? What is that?

http://daxter12.topcities.com
phoenix Posted - Feb 16 2004 : 10:49:14 AM
...turning 50ps2s into a computer...
what's the use? I think it's a lot of waste

T-boss
Kale Posted - Feb 06 2004 : 6:00:10 PM
Some guys made a supercomputer by turning 50 PS2s into a Beowolf Cluster.
There you go; console into a computer.

BEatonNo1 Posted - Feb 05 2004 : 12:19:47 PM
well ive heard that someone is putting 1.something Ghz processors in them and selling them

I dont think it will be to much longer before the line between vidieo games and computers is gone

Edited by - beatonno1 on Feb 05 2004 12:21:04 PM
n/a Posted - Feb 05 2004 : 10:35:40 AM
The PC can be upgraded an xbox cant, more possabilities on a PC, cheaper games and on and on and on..... You can program!!!!!!!

SIEMENS MOBILE RULES
BEatonNo1 Posted - Feb 04 2004 : 6:52:32 PM
well an xbox is just a 733mhz PII with an 8 gig harddrive four USB ports and a nice Nvidea graphics system

n/a Posted - Feb 04 2004 : 09:07:04 AM
It's nearly almost parents that have the fastest computers in the house, so when the dad dont want children to hang on his PC, then he buys them a console... just to stay in peace... I think so..

But you'r right PC is best!!!!

SIEMENS MOBILE RULES
cirvin Posted - Jan 31 2004 : 4:49:20 PM
Yea, I was thinking of inergrating a standard nintendo controller into an XY camera mount thingy.

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Kale Posted - Jan 31 2004 : 1:56:33 PM
Actually I found I can aim better with a mouse then PS-style analog sticks. I think it's because there is more overall movement with a mouse, so you have better control. For flying games and sims though, I prefer a joystick for obvious reasons. Still, for those types of games I find the controller-sized sticks are too small to handle easily.
One thing I think PS controllers are good for though would be controlling something like a remote control car. I have some info on hacking PS controllers; they're just a mostly-standard serial output. A few bytes show the position of the buttons, followed by four bytes that show the position of the sticks.

BEatonNo1 Posted - Jan 29 2004 : 5:45:37 PM
yeah the mouse works pretty good for those, but halos two analog stick works pretty good to

Nerf Smurf Posted - Jan 29 2004 : 1:20:04 PM
In army games and other shooters, I think that the mouse is better to aim, then the mini joystick on a comtroller ov a video game.

Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 29 2004 : 09:22:07 AM
Meh, I don't play games, but when I did it was mostly on the PC. I don't think there's a "better" format. Game consoles just plain work, while PCs are a hassle. Yet PCs can host much more involved games.

Nerf Smurf Posted - Jan 28 2004 : 10:16:52 PM
AlienWare LapTops :-)

BEatonNo1 Posted - Jan 28 2004 : 11:51:27 AM
Cirvin the glitches you see in the game could be from the emulator. I had one once that would cause my computer to crash.

as for one being better or worse, the problems with systems is that once a new one comes out your pretty much screwed. however with a pc its alot easier to upgrade.
Game systems, on the other hand, are much easier to take along with you. We used to have lan parties, but it was a big hassle for every one to tote there PCs over to someones house. Now most of us have xboxes which is alot easier to drag around.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000