Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Spring Trip: Wardenclyffe, New York

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aaron Cake Posted - Dec 11 2003 : 09:42:51 AM
I've been thinking lately that it would be great to take a quick weekend trip this spring, before the summer heat sets in...The problem is where to go. Due to all the Tesla stuff lately, I figured that a visit to Tesla's Wardenclyffe lab would be appropriate. As I understand it, the building is still there (though abandoned), as well as the foundation for the huge wireless tower. It would be great run a small Tesla exactly where Nikola did it 100 years ago. Also, a great photo for my website!

A quick check at MapQuest shows that the drive from London to Shoreham, NY is roughly 980KM. That's not even one tank of gas for the Insight, so it seams like a good idea to drive instead of fly (which is way too expensive).

Much easier to go back to then Colorado Springs.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cirvin Posted - Dec 19 2003 : 8:09:45 PM
He actually used his big one in colorado and blew the local power station! Record for homade lightning.

Aaron Cake Posted - Dec 19 2003 : 09:31:26 AM
Well, the big one is no longer there, and even if it was, I wouldn't try to run it...I just want to fire up a small one, just for historic purposes (and maybe to get some good pictures).

Apparently the land has been bought, but the owners are good at letting visitors poke around.

cirvin Posted - Dec 19 2003 : 07:13:33 AM
If you do run the tesla coil and it is succssful in bouncing wavs off th othre side of the earth, you will probably blow every grounded pice of semiconductor equptimnt on earth!

cirvin Posted - Dec 11 2003 : 5:06:49 PM
Cool. Passing right by me.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000