Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 inventory program

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ecm Posted - Oct 27 2003 : 6:34:55 PM
Hi Im Looking for a program to keep inventory of my electronic parts or any ideas. looking for input here or what you do for your parts inventory.

to do or not to do
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ecm Posted - Dec 04 2003 : 5:42:34 PM
Thanx for the tip and as for Access I dont have that program ,I will look into it to see how much it cost .

to do or not to do
n/a Posted - Dec 03 2003 : 10:43:36 PM
ECM. If you have your stock represented in lists, you can do an "Autofilter" of the columns that you have established. Just select the entire column by clicking on the column name/header "A, B, C etc." then go to the tools menu, select "filter" then select "autofilter". This will produce a drop down arrow, which will list all of the items in that column.

Another method is to do a simple "Find". press Ctrl + F. Then enter the item you are looking for. Excel will find the first item that matches your description. To find more, hit "find next" and excel will find the next in series. You can also use wildcard "*" for unknowns. For instance, if you're looking for a 555 timer, but you have all of the IC's listed by part number, you can use "* 555" etc. Play around with it.

I have created an Access database that I use to categorize my parts. If you're interested in the copy, send me an email and I'll shoot it over to you. Johnson7777 at hotmail dot com. Replace at with @, dot with .

Aaron Cake Posted - Nov 10 2003 : 09:31:06 AM
Google - > Microsoft Access

Part of office. It's the database program.

ecm Posted - Nov 07 2003 : 7:44:33 PM
I know that . the thing is if i need a 4017 how do i get excell to display stock without going thru the item list . is there a way of to get excell to find that item by just entering the part number. Aaron Im not familiar with Access wich program is that.

to do or not to do
Aaron Cake Posted - Oct 28 2003 : 09:22:02 AM
Access has a built in inventory thingie. Seems to work well.

Nerf Smurf Posted - Oct 27 2003 : 10:55:17 PM
Microsoft Excell is great for listing your components.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000