Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Problem reading text

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pebe Posted - Sep 02 2003 : 6:31:05 PM
Aaron. Could I make a suggestion? Red text on a green background is not the ideal for people like me with eyes damaged by diabetes. It is very difficult to read. Any chance of a change?

Edited by - Aaron Cake on Sep 03 2003 10:02:55 AM
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aaron Cake Posted - Sep 04 2003 : 09:29:38 AM
The remote will not change the forum. Actually, I am probably removing the colour change feature in the new version...perhaps I should reconsider....Maybe make a "Easy Read Colour" button instead that does grey-black...

I shouldn't say this, but IN THEORY it is fairly easy for me to make the entire site available in user-chosen colours. You would have a "colour change" button, which would bring up a basic colour wheel with some choices (probably only 256 choices or so) and a "direct enter" field where you could put in the hex codes. It would save it in the database, and set up a cookie containing your ID number...Then everytime you visit it would display your own colour scheme....I will do this if there is enough support, but it means fundamentally changing the way the site is set up. I would need to set the server to recognize ".htm" and ".html" files as ASP, which is no big deal. But suddenly the server is uder MUCH greater load, and that does open some security concerns....

Edited by - Aaron Cake on Sep 04 2003 09:32:45 AM
cirvin Posted - Sep 03 2003 : 8:26:32 PM
dark grey on light grey is reel easy on your eyes. i use it for my site.

next stop: nobel prize winner!
Brian Posted - Sep 03 2003 : 8:25:55 PM
Just use the 'Site Remote' that has a button on the main page.

Epsilon! Posted - Sep 03 2003 : 8:01:50 PM
I have heard so much people complain about the layout and colour scheme of this page. The layout is great, time and bandwidth efficient. The colours are fine... they contrast well. The green is good for the eyes, it relaxes them. as for the text.. if you cant see that.. increase the font size on the browser. I set my video on 1280x960 and see it fine at normal size text. I cant stand white backgrounds.. bad for the eyes

Aaron Cake Posted - Sep 03 2003 : 10:01:41 AM
I fail to see how this is an announcement. Moved to the Lounge.

However, about the text. Yes, for some people, it can be difficult to read. The problem is amplified by certain monitor-video card combinations. This site has used the same colour scheme since 1996, and it's doubtfull that I will be changing it anytime soon.

As mentioned, you can use your browser to override the colour scheme. Assuming Internet Explorer:

-Tools
-Internet Options
-Click "Accessibility" button
-Check "Ignore colours specified...."
-Click "Ok" until you are back out of options

I just tried this, and it results in black text on a white background. To me, this is unreadable (too much contrast), but it might work for you...

FWIW, my dad is a diabetic.

da-g-dog Posted - Sep 03 2003 : 01:38:49 AM
quote:

Aaron. Could I make a suggestion? Red text on a green background is not the ideal for people like me with eyes damaged by diabetes. It is very difficult to read. Any chance of a change?

I think you can change a setting in your browser to manually override webpages default colors to whatever you want. Also in Windows you can go into the Control Panel then Accesibility. Click the Display tab then click the Use High Contrast box. That should work. Hope this helps.

hike master kyle

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000