Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 hey Aaron

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nerf Smurf Posted - Jul 09 2003 : 02:41:59 AM
Aaron,
I know i ask a lot of questions and i am not forcing you to do nothin but, you should get back in school. That way you can work on Computers and ITT Tech and make $10,000.00 - $40,000.00 yearly. That piece of paper is very important. Who knows, you can probably start your own internet bissniss. I hate school to but i need the $30,000.00. Or you can buy a diploma. CAD programs are great it you are planing to make your go-kart. So, you can get a idea of what you want your kart to look like before you build it.

Remember I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO GET BACK IN SCHOOL. If you dont want to. Thats A ok.

We have the gift to build what we want.

(Edit....Moved to Lounge)

Edited by - Aaron Cake on Jul 09 2003 09:37:48 AM
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kale Posted - Jul 23 2003 : 3:58:43 PM
I saw a good solution for the degree = bullshit problem:
U of Waterloo offers an Independent Studies (IS) degree. You set up your own curriculum containing courses from any department at U of 'loo and talk with IS councelors to help you along. You can also create your own independent studies courses (i.e. you read some books and it counts as a credit) so theoretically it's very flexible. The real kicker is that to get your degree, you have to write a thesis at the end of the program. The thesis shows future employers that you actually know what you're doing, and since the courses are all from accredited programs then you will meet an employer's requirements. For example, as part of an IS degree you could take a couple programs in the computer science dept. When the employer asks for training in 'C', you point to those courses. If your employer wants circuit design, then you point to the circuit course you took in the eng dept. Hell, you can put philosophy, math, whatever you want in there. It's very attractive, and if I wasn't already in grad school I might consider it for myself to pick up some mechanical engineering and biology courses.

cirvin Posted - Jul 16 2003 : 10:24:25 PM
only thing you need plans for is for school or for documentation. for later use.

ps: wat is with "We have the gift to build what we want."??

Nerf Smurf Posted - Jul 09 2003 : 2:31:47 PM
OH,
I did not know you were talking to me in the other post about that. But i will.

We have the gift to build what we want.
Aaron Cake Posted - Jul 09 2003 : 09:37:09 AM
Wow...A whole $40,000. (that's sarcasm).

The piece of paper is far less important then what you know. I know many people who have gone through the whole system, yet have about as much knowledge as a roll of duct tape (which, incidentally, is not a lot). The piece of paper might "get you in the door", but the only way to stay there is with knowledge. And there are other, much more effective ways to get in the door and make a REAL first impression.

As far as buying a diploma, I'll leave that one alone....

One other thing...I don't need a CAD program when I build. To me, making a fancy 3D model of a simple machine like a go-kart is a waste of time. I knew what it was going to look like before I came close to building (it's called imagination)...

BTW, when are you going to take down those circuits you stole from my site?

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000