Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Electronics Repair
 Inverter computer problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kivdenn Posted - Oct 29 2009 : 09:06:52 AM
I have a DR Xantrex inverter of 1500watts which in my village office whic powers two computers, four funs and three 11 watt bulbs but what amuses me is that the computers at times all lose power and restart again when other loads are still OK and the inverter is not showing any signs of low battery or overload and my wiring is perfect. What do you think the problem is? thanks
Dennis
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
audioguru Posted - Oct 31 2009 : 12:09:54 PM
We have reliable electricity so we do not use inverters to power computers.

The spec's for the Canadian made inexpensive modified sine-wave inverter does not say its output voltage is regulated.
kivdenn Posted - Oct 31 2009 : 04:18:14 AM
The inverter we are talking about is an american make Xantrex/Trace DR series of 1500watts and has all certifcates of quality i dont think such a thing as unregulated power is possible. What amuses me is that these computers that am having (Dell Optiplex360) are designed in such a way that when power fails and is restored again you have to maualy turn them on. They dont automaticaly turn them selves on but with this case they automaticaly restart themselves and all of them at once. Could it be a problem of spikes or transients of other inductive loads like funs?
audioguru Posted - Oct 30 2009 : 3:29:05 PM
Maybe the output voltage of the inverter is not regulated so the voltage drops too low when the computers work hard (draw more current).
kivdenn Posted - Oct 30 2009 : 10:39:48 AM
What could be the possible causes of these brownouts when the batteries are still charged? thanks Dennis
jnewman Posted - Oct 29 2009 : 12:01:21 PM
Maybe the reboots are happening because of a brown out from the inverter?

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000