Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Electronics Repair
 Power supply

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Maxtron Posted - Sep 28 2008 : 04:28:40 AM
I have Acro Powers 10A 24V powersupply to power plc.Powersupply is now faulty.Found 1 10uf 140v cap blown(exploded) and Assuming transitor with markings P,F2452,58,498.Can Any one help me with the specifics of what i am assuming is a transistor.

Kind Regards.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Maxtron Posted - Oct 10 2008 : 1:36:07 PM
24 hour @ 8amps test seems to be OK @ 48 degrees celcius.Power supply tripped at 11.55amps when over loaded.All in all power supply seems to be ok..Thanx again for your help Aaron.
Maxtron Posted - Oct 10 2008 : 1:29:43 PM
24 hour @ 8amps test seems to be OK @ 48 degrees celcius.Power supply tripped at 11.55amps when over loaded.All in all power supply seems to be ok..Thanx again for your help Aaron.
Maxtron Posted - Oct 08 2008 : 2:05:26 PM
O K....
Thanx guys i have fixed my power supply.I took a chance and used a IRFP450 for the switching tranny and it worked.But first i changed the pwm(power supply)chip and a couple of other trannys and the 15V zener that protects the gate on the mosfet.Running my first trial the power supply did a type of electronic motor boating,in other words the output voltage was drifting severely and it sounds as if the power supply was tripping but resetting at the same time and it sounded as if the mosfet was switching very hard.After about 10min i found a faulty 12V regulator that had something to do with the control on the supply and its input was short.Replacing the regulator solved my whole problem and the power supply is fixed now.A saving of about $250 (About R1700 South African Rand)

When the heatsinks is attached and the supply box closed i will take it to the limit when testing it again.Just to make sure that the mosfet can handle the punishment cause the power supply works quite hard driving about 27 relays with the PLC's and some panel indicators 24/7.
Be good and let the good times roll..........
Maxtron Posted - Sep 29 2008 : 01:14:17 AM
Hi,it is two seperate boards.Looks like it is two different power supply.The first from 240V-110 and the second 110v-24v.Switching occurs from the first board and the pulses is fed via connector to the second board.On the second board i can still make out a primary and a secondary power supply and the transistor is definately on the primary side where the actual switching occurs for that supply.That is where the cap sits as well.Markings on board 1 connector is V,G,GA,FB,Cf,VCC.It is possible that the transistor might be a Power MOSFet and that i assume that V is +voltage ,G ground,GA gate,FB feed back for voltage control,VCC supply to switching transformer and transistor, CF i don't know.I assume that the cap went faulty and then popped the transistor,but who am i to say i am just a boilermaker by trade and most of my work is with heavy type of material and steel.At some stage i will post some photo's of the actual supply.

Kind regards
Maxtron
Aaron Cake Posted - Sep 28 2008 : 11:18:02 AM
That sounds like a house branded transistor. It may not be possible to find a replacement. Can you reverse engineer that section of the circuit and see how the transistor is used? If it's just a regulator, a generic replacement may work.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000