Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Electronics Repair
 Any help fixing my PSU

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
idunno Posted - Jun 28 2008 : 9:41:50 PM
EG-495P-SFMA24P 480W is the power supply that was in my computer and had to replace.

The computer would run for about 1 min and shut off. So I took the PSU out and tested shorting the green atx connector to ground.

I had a fan connected to one of the molex connectors. It would run for a max of 1.5 min and shut off.

If I took a momentary contact switch and placed it across pin 14/15, the power supply would come on and go right off. If I kept pressing the switch repeatedly, the PSU would keep running and power the fan, but would shut off after I quit pressing the switch.

I already have a replacement for that PSU, but I would like to be able to fix it.

Does anyone have any ideas on what part of the PSU is dead/dying?

(Edit...Move to Electronics Repair)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
madscientist267 Posted - Sep 16 2008 : 3:41:45 PM
The green wire must be held to ground in order for the supply to remain on.
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Aug 18 2008 : 12:19:58 PM
Thats right. I hope you have replaced it with a corsair like PSU. The repair ain't worth it as it will get fried again!
cyclopsitis Posted - Aug 18 2008 : 10:47:29 AM
Computer power supplies have so many stupid parts in them these days that I wouldn't know where to start with fixing one. My suggestion is just replace it and save yourself the hassle of trying to fix something made in china that was not designed to funciton longer then about 370 days. Not very helpful but that is my opinion :P haha
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Aug 17 2008 : 3:13:00 PM
I guess it is the capacitor problem but just i guess. I don't know the exact reason.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000