Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Electronics Repair
 sewing machine electronics?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pickyme Posted - Apr 17 2008 : 11:05:07 AM
Hi- I am trying to find a circuit board (?) or what ever it is called, for my sewing machine. It is the controller that lights up a
plastic light to let me know what stitch I am at when I move the lever. It is numbered with 286708-900. I have checked with repair shops and they are not available to buy them since the machine is about 15 years old. My husband removed the original one very easily and will install the new one. I cannot afford a new machine and this one works perfect except I can't change the kind of stitch to another because I can't see what one I am on. PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

(Edit...Move to Electronics Repair)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
YUSHA Posted - May 21 2008 : 5:47:56 PM
Hi,did you ever get your board working?.If you want send it to me and I would try.email me for my address.Thanks
yusha
Aaron Cake Posted - Apr 27 2008 : 10:52:02 AM
Transformers often have wires that are not connected. It may not be broken.

Do you know what kind of transformer this is? How big, roughly?
pickyme Posted - Apr 22 2008 : 10:48:49 PM
Thanks for the info so far -- My husband took out circuit board then decided to check the transformer in the bottom since that is what lights up circuit board (he works on his lionel trains alot so he was "experimenting".) Well,... when he did he saw that one of the wires was broke off. Since it is so tiny and covered with plastic he said there is no way he could try to solder it together because the plastic coating would melt before the solder or wire. So now we are looking for a transformer for it. The numbers embossed on it are in two sets -- one is #317347-201 ... and the other is strange - someone hand wrote #9423 over the lower set of embossed #'s. This machine was supposed to be NEW when I purchased it about 12 years ago and it has not been in a shop for anyone to repair it. The transformer looks like 2 sets of rolled coils wrapped in blue tape? in a metal frame with one set of red wires coming out with a plastic plug on the end . I have been looking extensively for another machine of the same model for some time now and not found it- I have checked several sources the last couple days for a transformer and haven't gotten any leads yet. If anyone knows where to get one please let me know. Thanks alot !!
Aaron Cake Posted - Apr 22 2008 : 09:54:04 AM
You may be able to buy a similar model on eBay to swap parts from.

Failing that, anyone well versed in electronics can likely repair the board but it will be at significant cost.
Kahn Posted - Apr 18 2008 : 3:01:45 PM
Try finding what component failed and then replacing that.

K.A.H.N.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000