Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Electronics Repair
 voltage stablizer design

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shawish Posted - Oct 29 2007 : 1:25:22 PM
hi everybody,
i need some idea on how to design a circuit for volt regulator using analog to digital inverter method,let say i have in coming voltage rang from 170v to 220v,the power is not important.

i appriciate any reply,thanks

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cyclopsitis Posted - Nov 16 2007 : 10:03:04 PM
hey why does it say GusB is a new member? I've talked to him on here before and he was not a new member? what gives? I'm confused...
GusB Posted - Nov 06 2007 : 12:43:29 PM
A ferro-resonant transformer, otherwise known as constant voltage transformers (CVT's) aren't so rare and aren't that expensive.
shawish Posted - Nov 06 2007 : 02:15:10 AM
hello
i was just asking for technical help in design not to buy one,so pls any hint will be appreciated
cyclopsitis Posted - Oct 30 2007 : 9:59:02 PM
Hi there, I set up an AC to AC loop isolator once for the oil field. It was only once but it took 120VAC in to 120VAC out. It was not rated at much power to best of my memory and I don't remember the brand.

When I was doing a co-op we had a huge computer room power supply. Where they were on the power grid they would end up tripping breaker left right and center. It was my first job if I remember correctly. It was Big, HUGE, and but it took mains AC and converted it to DC then back to AC but it would correct the Hz and the AC line voltage.

Some monster power conditioners have circuitry to adjust Ac voltages and then they display the differenece. I've taken them apart and all they are is an auto transformer with a servo. A circuit inside it monitors the incomming AC and adjust the transformer taps to keep the AC at 120 or 220 what ever it is set to.

Here is another site:

http://www.toruspower.com/

Here is link I just googled ac regulators

http://www.globalsources.com/manufacturers/AC-Regulator.html

K
audioguru Posted - Oct 30 2007 : 1:35:09 PM
A ferro-resonant transformer regulates AC voltage. They are rare so they are very expensive.
In the civilized world the mains voltage is steady and is not overloaded so electronic regulating circuits are not designed.
shawish Posted - Oct 30 2007 : 10:34:43 AM
what i mean is a voltage stablizer which controls the incoming ac voltage and try to keep it constent,i mentioned the analog to digital inverter as hint for the type of control i anticipate,in some parts of the world the voltage from the network is not constent due to meny reason, like putting more loads more then the line withstand, in this case some company provide autotransformer to compansate for the decreased voltage.

audioguru Posted - Oct 29 2007 : 2:24:35 PM
A voltage regulator for an AC input and output, an AC input and DC output or a DC input and DC output??

A voltage regulator usually has an AC input from the mains that feeds a step-down transforemer then the low voltage AC is rectifier and filtered and feeds a voltage regulator IC.
The voltage regulator IC could be a switching type or a linear type.

I have never seen an analog to digital converter used in a voltage regulator.

Some computer power supplies and TVs rectify and filter the mains and use a high frequency power oscillator that drives a small high frequeny step-down transformer. Nothing is digital.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000