Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Electronics Repair
 Coffee Maker repair

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Czouzias Posted - Sep 09 2007 : 12:48:37 PM
I took apart my expensive espresso maker beacuse customer service wanted way to much to repair it. I found that the power was not going from the supply to the switch. The part is a wire with a diode/capacitor (not sure) in the middle. I took the part to radio shack, but they couldn't help. Can I just run a new wire from the supply to the switch (I think not) or where do I find a replacement part? It says: Tf 184 degrees celcius D181 PAT K on it.The wire is about 18" long with the center devide measuring 4". I thought if I could just replace that center device, I could get it working again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've attempted to upload a picture, but am unable to. Thanks!!!

(Edit...Move to Electronics Repair)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
audioguru Posted - Sep 13 2007 : 7:45:59 PM
In Toronto some of the Radioshack stores are gone and the remainder are called "The Source by Circuit City".
CurrentOverflow Posted - Sep 13 2007 : 7:15:45 PM
In Montreal Radio Shack is now Circuit City, has this happened in the rest of Canada? i know the company got bought out, just curious :P
Aaron Cake Posted - Sep 13 2007 : 09:20:25 AM
Thermal fuse probably. You can get replacements from any electronics store (which does not include Radio Shack).
audioguru Posted - Sep 09 2007 : 3:55:49 PM
If the part is replaced with a piece of wire then the coffee maker will burn your house down when it boils dry.

Buy the replacement part from the manufacturer.
Czouzias Posted - Sep 09 2007 : 3:03:18 PM
That sounds logical.You wouldn't advise just directly connecting the wire from the power to the switch would you? Do you know where I can find a replacement part?
audioguru Posted - Sep 09 2007 : 1:45:30 PM
It probably disconnects the power when the temperature is higher than 184 degrees C. If the coffee maker boils dry then it keeps it from burning up.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000