Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Electronics Repair
 FL Fuse for IBM Netvista inverter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DamonZ28 Posted - Mar 04 2007 : 5:04:03 PM
Aaron, I saw your post on a blog about repairing the IBM Netvista inverter board by replacing one of the FL fuses. On my inverter board (TDK TAD439 EA02439T), I'm assuming the fuses are the cylidrical tubes wrapped in a copper-colored wire, stamped with a 101 on the end. Is that correct? I don't see anything on my inverter board labeled "fl" - these appear to be marked L1 and L2 on the board. I can provide a pic of my board, if necessary.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aaron Cake Posted - Apr 22 2008 : 09:51:48 AM
This topic deals specifically with fuse replacement. Please keep other discussions (like adapting the panel to another computer) in other topics. Thanks.
topnote06 Posted - Apr 13 2008 : 7:51:19 PM
- What type of connector is it from the mother board to the LCD display panel? Looks like a 24 pin of some sort from the pic on Flickr.
- I was thinking of connecting a standalone pc tower directly to the LCD panel.
thanks
Aaron Cake Posted - Mar 22 2008 : 10:44:54 AM
That is the symptom of a bad fuse. Did you test each fuse with a meter and replace the blown one?
NetVistaHeadache Posted - Mar 18 2008 : 1:23:46 PM
Hi Aaron, I purchased a 3A with leads Part F2342CT-ND from Digi-Key. I made a really good solder connection. When I power up the unit I noticed that the BIOS flashed IBM then went away. For a brief moment I saw some of the bootup process in a flash but then a blank screen. Have you experienced this before?

I have about 20 of these machines. I may try the other surface mount fuse on another and see how that goes.
Thanks!
Aaron Cake Posted - Mar 15 2008 : 10:49:00 AM
The fuse is a surface mount fuse. It solders directly to the board by the two silver solder pads on it's ends.

The replacement fuse is slightly larger then the original. I generally place it on top of the original at an angle and solder one side to the original location, one side to the harness connector.

Surface mount soldering is not a good first soldering experience. If you have not soldered something before then get an inexpensive electronics kit to practice on.
NetVistaHeadache Posted - Mar 11 2008 : 10:19:53 AM
Hi Aaron, I got ordered F2604CT-ND from Digikey and found it to be a fuse block type fuse. Is this correct? How am I supposed to solder this in place with no leads? Am I suppose to create them? Thanks.
NetVistaHeadache Posted - Feb 26 2008 : 1:21:03 PM
Thanks Aaron! I will give that a shot.
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 23 2008 : 10:36:39 AM
DigiKey sells 3A SMD slow blow fuses at F2604CT-ND for $1.28 each. They are a bit bigger then the factory units but you can still easily solder them in place between the dead fuse and the wiring harness connector.

Don't get exact replacements. They will just blow again.
NetVistaHeadache Posted - Feb 19 2008 : 10:28:04 AM
Does anyone have these fuses for sale on this board. I would be happy to buy a dozen. I cannot seem to find this fuse at my local electronics store or find the right one on the Internet. If anyone has a link to an Online resource where I could order them that would be great too. I have about 6 Vista's with the same problem and have a potential 20 more that may go bad down the road. Thanks!
Aaron Cake Posted - Sep 18 2007 : 09:33:21 AM
Basically, yes. That's how I normally fix them.
HardwareWard Posted - Sep 15 2007 : 2:25:35 PM
I just got a broken IBM Net Vista from work. It seems to have all the symptoms of the previous posts. The screen lights, then goes dark after 1/2 second or so. I've purchased some "Fast-acting, surface mount 3A fuses to repair the inverter, but I want to know if I can just remove the back cover, the inverter cover, and then solder the new fuses on top of the old ones, or is there more intricate dismantling I will be required to do to replace the fuse? Thanks for all the help.
Aaron Cake Posted - May 12 2007 : 10:51:14 AM
I'm not sure the effect of removing the fuse as I've not taken a close look at the circuit. Likely the danger involves damaging other (more sensitive and harder to replace) areas of the circuit should there be a fault.
mikeyeastside Posted - May 11 2007 : 11:24:21 PM
Thanks Aaron! With your help, I fixed the nice NetVista I found in the GARBAGE today! Yeah! I’m going to hook this bad boy up to my router, TV and stereo to use it as an A/V server. I soldered a small copper filament to short F1. Do you think I will have anyside-effects without a real fuse?
Thanks! Double A Ron!
Mike
sdutky Posted - May 07 2007 : 1:11:44 PM
Can anyone tell me the characteristics and pinout for the HV outputs of the TDK TAD439 inverter?

I would like, perhaps, to use this board as a driver for electroliminescent wire.

Thanks, Steve Dutky
Aaron Cake Posted - Mar 14 2007 : 10:44:37 AM
Buy a 3A surface mount fuse. Voltage rating is unimportant.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000