Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Sound/Radio
 Simple Colour Organ Op-Amp Circuit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Scoobs Posted - Aug 06 2009 : 02:27:46 AM
Hi there

I am looking to construct a simple op-amp circuit that will work like a colour organ. A small microphone will be used and I would like the circuit to power four ultra-bright LED's (each pulling 20mA). I want to use three individual sound-sensing op-amp circuits (all powered by 9v) that can be adjusted separately (using a small pot) so that each one can be 'tuned' to a different frequency range. Overall, we have a total of 12 LED's that pulse to the beat of the music and react (in groups of four) according to the frequency of sound heard by the mic. Any circuit diagrams would be sincerely appreciated. Cheers
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
audioguru Posted - Aug 08 2009 : 5:19:45 PM
A colour organ circuit that operates off a mains power supply will probably work fine from a battery.

A simple colour organ circuit with only 3 frequency bands is usually not tuned.
The low frequencies filtered with a simple lowpass filter.
The high frequencies are filtered with a simple highpass filter.
The middle frequencies are filtered by a simple bandpass filter.
Scoobs Posted - Aug 08 2009 : 06:43:59 AM
I have had a good look on the net and most run off a main supply. This circuit is for a school project and although I am usng a simple circuit at the moment, it is only a 1-channel colour organ and to buy three for each student (to get a three channel circuit) is not financially worth it. Is there a quick and easy op-amp circuit that runs of 9v that someone can supply or provide a website for? I also need to be able to adjust the circuit so that students can tune it into a set frequency range. Cheers
audioguru Posted - Aug 06 2009 : 08:50:10 AM
There are hundreds of colour organ circuits on the internet. There is a circuit in the projects section of this website but it uses old and hard to find ICs.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000