Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Light/LASER
 Led metronome circuit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mrbains21 Posted - Feb 27 2010 : 06:40:44 AM
HI everyone m preparing a science project n i found this really cool metronome circuit http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/LED_Metronome_Circuit.asp

m very much interested in making this but i need help...
so if ny 1 out there can just breifly explain the basic principle of this circuit ill b really thankfull..
please help asap
i need to make it urgent just have 10 days for it

My email:loveorleave_ur@yahoo.com

(Edit...Move to Light/LASER)
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aaron Cake Posted - Oct 08 2011 : 10:52:06 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Leo76ers

No replies?!

Google "7 segment display driver".
audioguru Posted - Oct 04 2011 : 10:38:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Leo76ers

No replies?!

This thread talks about a metronome. You have hi-jacked this thread instead of starting your own thread about a display.
Leo76ers Posted - Oct 03 2011 : 07:08:41 AM
No replies?!
Leo76ers Posted - Sep 28 2011 : 7:11:48 PM
Hi Aaron, I'm Leo!

Would like to get some hints on how to send the information to a 7-segment Display. We're having a hard time trying to figure this out, we even thought of using an ADC.

I'm a student of electronics, so please don't mind the ignorance!
audioguru Posted - Mar 03 2010 : 3:06:48 PM
There is another site in India with projects that are at least 40 years old and using parts that were obsolete and no longer available many years ago. Most of the circuits have serious errors and do not work.
aravindj36 Posted - Mar 03 2010 : 07:14:36 AM
This is a small note to mrbains the site that you have have mentioned is an absolutely a site to waste our money THIS IS A NOTE TO EVERYONE PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE YOU TAKE A CIRCUIT FROM ANY OF THE SITES GIVEN BELOW

electronics for you
circuits today
electronics maker etc.

I am saying all this because I have experience doing a night light circuit from circuits today.The result i got was a blown mains fuse and leds on fire.I am saying this because all the above are Indian sites never to be trusted.Even though I am an Indian never trust any of the given above sites.So after all care is better than cure
audioguru Posted - Mar 02 2010 : 6:03:50 PM
C2 is shown as 22uf to make knock sounds. If it is only 0.22uF then when the volume control is turned up the speaker would make tick sounds.
The capacitor from pin 5 to ground is not needed for the metronome.
mrbains21 Posted - Mar 02 2010 : 3:29:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by audioguru

The new circuit uses only one NE555 oscillator.
Look up its datasheet in Google or in www.datasheetarchive.com to see which capacitor value will make suitable frequencies when used with the resistor values in that circuit. Maybe 0.47uf to 2.2uF will work.

It won't sound like a metronome. It just clicks. A metronome has a resonant sound like a block of wood being ringed.

what about c2?
is it 22uF or .22uF.....?
N what bout pin5 its missing
http://www.circuitstoday.com/metronome-generator-circuit
audioguru Posted - Mar 01 2010 : 4:17:39 PM
The new circuit uses only one NE555 oscillator.
Look up its datasheet in Google or in www.datasheetarchive.com to see which capacitor value will make suitable frequencies when used with the resistor values in that circuit. Maybe 0.47uf to 2.2uF will work.

It won't sound like a metronome. It just clicks. A metronome has a resonant sound like a block of wood being ringed.
mrbains21 Posted - Mar 01 2010 : 06:35:36 AM
i hus found another metronome circuit without LEDs
http://www.circuitstoday.com/metronome-generator-circuit
it is more simpler here c1 is marked as 16V
wat would b its capacitance???IN Farads..

*this could be a stupid ques. but m jus tryin to learn...
wasssup1990 Posted - Mar 01 2010 : 12:45:42 AM
1) One microcontroller
2) 10 LEDs
3) 4 AA batteries
4) Small Speaker
5) A computer to write the code with, program the micro and a brain to figure out how to do it.

That's right, no resistors!

Note:
A Quartz watch crystal and two 15pF caps may be needed if the designer prefers high clock accuracy.

Learn about Micro-controllers.
audioguru Posted - Feb 28 2010 : 11:18:32 PM
quote:
[i]Originally posted by mrbains21
i need some details regarding the working of the circuit not outlines of this project.......
like how do i make a report about this project i just cant say it a METRONOME........
Plz help.....

Simply learn about what its parts do:
A few resistors, capacitors and diodes.
Ten LEDs.
Two 2N3904 transistors.
555 timer IC.
4029 Cmos up/down counter IC.
4051 Cmos 1-of-8 switch IC.
4011 Cmos quad 2-input NAND gate IC.
mrbains21 Posted - Feb 28 2010 : 4:39:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Yerboogieman

A metronome is for keeping rhythm or tune. The LED Metronome is a modern interpretation of a classic device which is a staple of music teachers, students and composers everywhere. This circuit uses 12 LEDs to simulate the sweeping motion of the pendulum and a speaker with a simple amplifier to generate a tick as the LEDs at the end of the arc are struck. It is adjustable from about 40 BPM to just over 200 BPM.

Hey thnx 4 replyin n i really appreciate ur concern but actually i need some details regarding the working of the circuit not outlines of this project.......
like how do i make a report about this project i just cant say it a METRONOME........
Plz help.....
audioguru Posted - Feb 28 2010 : 10:40:50 AM
Like most projects on this site this one is also missing a very important supply bypass capacitor.
The old high current 555 creates a 400mA supply current spike which messes up the Cmos counter unless 100uF and 0.1uF supply bypass capacitors are used.
A Cmos 555 could be used since it does not create a supply current spike.
Yerboogieman Posted - Feb 27 2010 : 1:39:34 PM
A metronome is for keeping rhythm or tune. The LED Metronome is a modern interpretation of a classic device which is a staple of music teachers, students and composers everywhere. This circuit uses 12 LEDs to simulate the sweeping motion of the pendulum and a speaker with a simple amplifier to generate a tick as the LEDs at the end of the arc are struck. It is adjustable from about 40 BPM to just over 200 BPM.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000