RFID
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2018 :  01:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As soon as you said RFID, I thought of the hand implant. Thought about getting one a few years ago but figured there isn't very many things I would use it for. Anything else you're going to use it for Aaron?

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2019 :  10:09:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was sort of planning this for years, so not only the car, but I have plenty of other applications.

I'm going to be adding RFID readers to the house and shop doors which will disarm the alarm and set off some "I'm home" automations. And eventually once I add electric strikes, also unlock the doors.

Will be adding RFID readers to my other cars as well. On the Insight it will be easy as the handle is plastic, so I think I can just glue the reader coil behind it. Not sure how I will do the RX-7 and I don't really want to cut the door.

Basically anywhere that needs authentication. On the long projects list is a bedroom gun safe with RFID reader. Trying to find a reader small enough to put in a PC card slot so I can add a reader to unlock my laptop.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000