Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

aravindj36
Apprentice

India
57 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  02:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit aravindj36's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there, I was looking for circuit of a simple infrared light beam alarm.I dont know anything about microcontrollers .pleading help

Help me my amplifier is on fire and my speaker is inside a beaker

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  09:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The simplest possible circuit is to just drive an IR LED with whatever voltage source and an appropriate dropping resistor. Then the receiving end is a phototransistor with a series resistor on the collector and the emitter to ground. Connect up the base of a transistor through another resistor to the junction of the series resistor and the collector. Now that transistor will have current pulled away from it's base as long as the photo transistor receives light. Stick an IR filter on it and a tube to make it directional. That's about as simple as you can get. Your alarm is switched by the second transistor which stays off as long as the phototransistor receives light.
Go to Top of Page

aravindj36
Apprentice

India
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  05:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit aravindj36's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also got that idea but ir phototransistors and photdiodes are very hard to get in my place.But tsop modules are available I even have a few tsop1838's with me . And now i'am looking for an ir detector which when detects coded ir light makes an led glow but not blink the problem with normal circuits are that the led blinks when it detects ir light.Please help me aaron

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  10:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know what a TSOP module is.

There isn't an electronics store in all of India?
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  1:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A TSOPxxx is an IR receiver IC that is made by Vishay/Telefunken.
It has a black coated photo-diode, amplifier, tuned filter, AGC, Demodulator and output transistor.

Download Attachment: TSOP IR receiver.PNG
29.03 KB

Go to Top of Page

aravindj36
Apprentice

India
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  12:51:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit aravindj36's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Atlast after a lot of searching I got the photransistor 2n5777.Could you please give the circuit rather than explaining it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

aravindj36
Apprentice

India
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  06:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit aravindj36's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now I think buying the phototransistor was a waste of 40RS as I found this circuit http://www.circuitstoday.com/infrared-intrusion-barrier And now my question is whether i can use an in4148 insted of the bat28 diode

Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  09:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's difficult to see how IC2 of the receiver can oscillate.
Go to Top of Page

aravindj36
Apprentice

India
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  05:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit aravindj36's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iam not planning to use the transmitter circuit instead iam going to use a remote control

Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  11:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The receiver circuit is wrong and will not work. But can't find a modern BAT85 Schottky diode for it anyway.
Go to Top of Page

aravindj36
Apprentice

India
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  12:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit aravindj36's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Then can anybody give me a correct circuit of the thing PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  3:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The internet has thousands of IR circuits that do not work and it has thousands of IR circuits that work perfetly.
If this is a school project then your teacher wants you to study them and select a circuit that works.
Go to Top of Page

aravindj36
Apprentice

India
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  06:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit aravindj36's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found this circuit.will this workhttp://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/IrProximity.html

Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  11:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the new circuit the voltage comparator will not work because its output is missing a pullup resistor.
Go to Top of Page

aravindj36
Apprentice

India
57 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  04:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit aravindj36's Homepage  Reply with Quote
will this one work http://www.b-kainka.de/bast323.jpg

Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  07:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the symbol marked "100mA" supposed to represent a lamp?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000