New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

pruisgroup

South Africa
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  11:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit pruisgroup's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kivdenn

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake

Modifying the circuit for 24V is simply a matter of using the appropriate transformer and calculating the voltage divider to switch the SCR at the appropriate point (R1, R2, R3).

How do I do these calculations? Please help me. Dennis

Go to Top of Page

pruisgroup

South Africa
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  11:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit pruisgroup's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe the following site can help you with calculations, www.electronics2000.co.uk. Download the electronics assistant, the program have calculators for various electronic problems etc. I found it to be very handy.
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  3:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Change R1 to 1K.
Go to Top of Page

eko_sph_1986

Indonesia
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  01:50:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, thanks to share your knowladge about charging to me.
I have a question.
How much are current flow to battery? (T1 is 12 v 5 A) Is okay if i use for 12 V 5 A lead acid?
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  11:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes.
Go to Top of Page

eko_sph_1986

Indonesia
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  11:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I can't try to make your charger circuit, but it doesn't work.
I use the same components at all. and using T1 = 12V 5A.
When I check the voltage output is zero (0) volt, and no current.
I check to the T1 the output is around more than 12v (AC).
At triac I check on gate and MT1 have around 12 v, but the gate has the lower than MT1.
Any sugestion what should i do?
Thanks

Go to Top of Page

eko_sph_1986

Indonesia
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  02:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey I know why my circuit did not work. It because my false. I think TRIAC have same thing at MT1 and MT2 pin but it different. Now your charger circuit is working. Thanks a lot to share.
By the way I have some question.
1. How can I know that the circuit is charging the lead acid?
2. What method in this circuit? (Constant Voltage or Constant Current or something else)
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  09:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
1. Measure the voltage of the battery while it's on charge. It should gradually rise.

2. The circuit is neither constant voltage nor constant current. It's close to constant voltage but the current pulled will depend on the battery voltage.
Go to Top of Page

Electrician

2 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  11:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Electrician's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was wanting to know if I would be able to use a 5.1 volt zener in place of the 5.6. It just happends to he what I have in my shack right now.
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  2:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With a 5.1K zener the slider of the pot will have to be set at 5.7V instead of 6.2V for the 5.6V zener.

The circuit will work OK if you change R3 from 330ohms to 270ohms.
Go to Top of Page

Electrician

2 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  7:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Electrician's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help. I am now only having one problem with the circuit. I change out r3 for a 270 ohm and the zener to 5.1v. Now I am unable to adjust r2 to get a charge voltage of 13.8 to the battery I am only getting a max of 13.08 volts. Other Wise the circuit is working fine. Is there another adjustment I need to make that I am not seeing.
Go to Top of Page

kivdenn
Nobel Prize Winner

Uganda
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  03:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I use this circuit to control the charging of my battry by a solar panel? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  09:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The circuit requires a pulsing DC so you can't use it directly from a DC source like a solar panel. The voltage from a panel also varies wildly so you would need some kind of DC-DC converter to bring the voltage up or down to match the battery.
Go to Top of Page

kivdenn
Nobel Prize Winner

Uganda
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  11:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No brother the voltage a solar panel is very stable it is the current that isnt stable. Nevwer the less how can I change a smooth DC voltage to pulsing DC voltage? Thanks
Dennis
Go to Top of Page

kivdenn
Nobel Prize Winner

Uganda
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  11:11:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No brother the voltage a solar panel is very stable it is the current that isnt stable. Nevwer the less how can I change a smooth DC voltage to pulsing DC voltage? Thanks
Dennis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000